Oracle Job Interview Questions
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Interviewing Tips for ERP Consultants and other ERP Jobs topics.
What types of questions should I expect in an Oracle interview?
There are many different types of job interview questions asked by Oracle job interviewers. A few of the common questions and answers relating to SQL follow.
- What is the command to see the current user name? show user;
- How do you change the SQL prompt name? Set sqlprompt “changed_name >”
- How do you display row numbers with records? Use the rownum pseudocolumn with the query: SQL> SQL> select rownum, ename from emp;
- What are the explicit cursor attributes? Cursor_name%FOUND, cursor_name%NOTFOUND, cursor_name%ROWCOUNT, cursor_name%ISOPEN
- What are the implicit cursor attributes? SQL%FOUND, SQL%NOTFOUND, SQL%ROWCOUNT, SQL%ISOPEN
- How to you view installed Oracle version information? Select banner from v$version;
- Which date function returns a number value? Months_between
- What are the PL/SQL exceptions? Too_many_rows, No_Data_Found, Value_Error, Zero_Error, Others
- How do you replace a null value in a query result with text? Set NULL ‘N/A' To reset the SQL prompt, use set NULL
- What is the minimum number of triggers that can be applied to a single table? 12
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.