Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Hot Oracle Skills Advice and other ERP Jobs topics.
Are communication skills important for contractors working with PeopleSoft?
PeopleSoft skills vary, depending on the area the contractor works in, whether development, administration or as a consultant. General PeopleSoft skills include:
- Providing functional consulting services to clients (depending on whether you are a developer, consultant or administrator, and your job requirements)
- Completing tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Technical communication skills
- The ability to improve the process of delivering solutions to clients
- The ability to share suggestions and knowledge capital for optimization of our client's implementation methodology
- Upgrading and implementation experience
- The ability to work on many or all phases of a project (depending on whether you are a developer, consultant or administrator)
- Leadership skills
In addition, all PeopleSoft contractors, particularly consultants, should be able to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, account managers and management, produce clean and concise status reports, build confidence and trust with clients and display effective analytical skills.